Sunday, November 29, 2009
It's been a fun and hectic week! Shayne and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving together. It was really nice starting our own tradition. It makes me feel like we'll be starting many more traditions together in the years to come.
Shayne had cooked a tremendous amount of food! One of his specialities is desserts. He made extra desserts and we took them around to some of our friends Friday night. It was nice to spend time with our friends.
We spent the rest of our weekend buying Christmas trees and decorating the house. Normally I let Shayne decorate the inside pretty much on his own, but this year I decided to pull my weight, and do what I could to help him out. Now our house is bright and Christmas-y just like we love it. All that's missing is the wassail and sugar cookies, but Shayne assures me that it won't be long before we have that too!
I've been thinking about what I am most thankful for. I've got a good job, great friends, nice home, worthless dogs and Shayne. He is the light in my life. I'm most fortunate to have such a kind, loving, smart, funny, sweet, beautiful and sexy man to spend my life with. I can live with losing everything else, but I couldn't survive one moment without Shayne's love and the emotional support he gives me. I think that sometimes we take our partners for granted. One thing I've learned this year is to not do that. Every moment we have together is precious and should be cherished. He is what I am most Thankful for in my life.
What are you most thankful for in your life?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
How did I get roped into this?
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site, you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over there and see if you have a Sticky Beak.
2. You have to tag two people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of the Meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is a M/M meme after all:)
*Rubs hands together with Glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? I’ve always loved reading. I read a variety of genres, and I’ve always read gay fiction and non fiction books.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Shayne and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out what our first homoerotic romance was. I’m thinking it was a Langley or an Alley Blue book.
3. Are you out as a reader? Definitely. Maybe it’s an advantage for us since we’re gay and our gay friends love to read this genre also.
4. Ebooks, Print or Both? We read Ebooks more than paperbacks. I still love paperbacks though.
5. Do you buy directly from the publisher or secondary seller? We buy from the publisher.
6. Prove your a book slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? We’re not book sluts. Is that a bad thing? Shayne’s right. It does take several days for us to read a book. It’s something we love to do together even if we are slower at getting to the books we want to read.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? I don’t care about covers that much. I’m not saying I don’t like a sexy cover, but it’s not a factor whether or not I want to read the book. I trust my friends opinions and I read the blurb and excerpt.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? I read my friends reviews on Goodreads. I don’t go to review sites and read reviews at all. Shayne and I both agree that our friends know us better than some strange reviewer. Our friends have nothing to lose by being honest and forthcoming about what they’ve read and what they think about it. It pays to have nice and honest friends in real life and on places like Goodreads.
9. Who's your favorite publisher? Torquere Press and Amber Allure.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! How in the hell can I narrow it down to two? I can’t answer that honestly because I have many favorites. Sorry.
11. Is there a sub/genre you particularly dislike? I like BDSM themed books; Shayne does not. I like contemporaries and paranormal books, but I’m not a fan of sci-fi books.
12. Short or long? *rolls eyes* And no I'm not talking about cocks! Short Novels
13. Is there anything that turns you off about m/m or is it all glorious smut to you? Like Shawn, I hate Sneak Menages. Otherwise, unless it’s rape or violence to the hero I’m usually pretty easy going about it.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's M/M two wuv when... when one or both of the heroes are offered a threesome and they know there is no way they could ever share that potential partner. That is true love.
15. What theme are you heartily sick of in M/M Romances? Menages.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a M/M/M who would they be? I plead the fifth.
17. What new GLBTQ new release are you most hanging out for right now? Ticket to Ride by Shawn Lane and Got mistletoe by Andi Anderson.
18. What new GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? There were several books I’ve loved reading this year. Sean Michael’s Hammer books are some of my favorites. I also loved Langley’s werewolf series, Ava’s Deception series, Car Wash by Shawn Lane and Soldier by AKM Miles.
19. What do you think well see more of M/M romance in 2010? Probably ménages or “sneak” ménages. It feels like they are trying to force it upon us by having so many of them. That disappoints me because it’s like people don’t believe in true love or fidelity between two people anymore.
20. Don't you agree that Josh Lanyon should just kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? I need to read this series so I can’t answer that one fairly. I’m betting Josh has a very good idea on what he’s going to do with that character.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Our Shell Bell sent this picture to me today. She's aware of my obsession with Christmas Lights and thought this picture was funny. Yes, I am one of those people who must have them up before Thanksgiving. I'm planning on lighting up our neighborhood this year. If I could get away with it, I would pull a Clark Griswald (Christmas Vacation) and cover the entire house with lights.
Shayne would have a cow if I did that!!
When does everyone else put up lights?
Speaking of my little firecracker! He was fired up (still is) this morning when he found out about the Dear Author post in the M/M group at goodreads! I haven't seen him that pissed in a while! We've both decided if they don't stop that theme, we're going to quit the group. Not goodreads, just the group. It's unfair for authors to be on the chopping block like that in such a generalized and public way.
That's just the way we feel about it.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
I never thought I would be ready to go back to work in my life. Shayne and I have had the flu and it's made us both miserable. Lucky for me, I'm a hundred percent better and able to go back to work tomorrow. As much as I hate work, being sick is much worse.
So much has happened since my last and only blog. My parents moved to Florida, which has been a good thing. Shayne and I have been doing great. We've been busy getting ready for Halloween. Shayne and I went to a costume party and as usual Shayne was the belle of the ball. His costume was the favorite by far; as much as he hates to admit it. (If I told you what we went as he would kill me) We had a great time, but soon afterwards both of us became sick with the flu. That meant we weren't able to have trick or treaters this year and we both hated that. I love looking at the costumes and giving candy out the kids, don't you?
Shayne is still feeling poorly, but he'll be well before we know it. We've talked about Thanksgiving and decided we're staying home and creating our own tradition this year. I'm excited about that.
I know some of you are probably wondering why I posted the picture I did. I'll have to keep that a secret, but I know you might figure it out just by reading this post.
You know I love my Dorothy more than anything in the world and I always will.