Tuesday, January 19, 2010

He is something special


Shayne and I had a busy weekend. I want to take a minute and brag on my life partner. He's had a very hectic few months. While my sister's mother-in-law was in the hospital, it was Shayne who kept the kids entertained almost the whole time. I would help when I got home, but Shayne was the one they leaned on and had fun with. Now I know they love me, but it's Shayne that they absolutely adore with all of their hearts. As soon as he walks in the door they flock to him like bees on honey.

Where Shayne goes, they go. He's like the Pied Piper!

Most of you know we went on vacation to celebrate Shayne's birthday. I finally got the nerve up to ask him to marry me and to my utter joy, he accepted! Whenever our fine state allows same sex marriages we're going to make it official. It may take years from now, and I'm okay with that. Shayne still wears the engagement band I bought him, and I'm very proud that one day I'll call him my husband.

Last weekend we went to my sister's house for supper. The kids wanted to spend some time with us and even though Shayne was tired, he selflessly agreed for them to come and stay with us for a few days. He played with them, baked cookies with them, read to them and was the shoulder they knew they could rely on.

I know he's tired, but even tonight I came home and had a delicious home cooked meal waiting for me. He always greets me with that dazzling smile that makes me feel good about myself; no matter what kind of day I've had.

We have an appointment to cuddle up together on the couch and watch a movie in a few minutes. It's those quiet moments that I love the best because at the end of the day, I'm with the man I love. Shayne is the one person that makes me happy. I think I might just be the luckiest man I know.

I love you, Baby.

10 comments:

  1. Okay, you just made me cry! Your post is beautiful; you and Shayne have something absolutely wonderful together. Anyone would be lucky to have even half the love and devotion that you two obviously share.

    Congratulations on your engagement! I truly hope that one day you can have that "official" wedding; it's horrid that you can't have it right now, but I firmly believe that you and Shayne are already bound together in the eyes of God and all your friends.

    ((((Jack & Shayne)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, see that post was worth the wait.

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, I'm so very happy for you and Shayne. I hope that you can be married before too long. I hate that you guys can't start planning your wedding right away, it's totally unfair.

    Your post was incredibly beautiful and a reflection of the wonderful man you are. You are both so lucky to have each other and may you be blessed with many years of love together.

    Congrats again and a big hug to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the engagement, Jack and Shayne!! :) I am so very happy for both of you. As Lily and Eyre said, I hope soon you can call Shayne your husband.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, y'all!
    I'm ticked to death for both of you. Both of you are truly wonderful people. I hope the stupid law changes and you both will be able to be married soon.
    You both deserve all the happiness coming to you!
    I love you both,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, congratulations to you both. What a wonderful bit of news in the midst of a beautiful post! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you both! I think both of you are terrific together and it gives guys like me hope that one day I'll have something as good as you have.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you both are special. Very cool that you plan on making it offical one day. It's pathetic that this is still an issue. One day it will happen. Change will come.
    Congrats and much love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww jack.. that's just beautiful..

    Congrats on your special moment and I hope you enjoy your appointment...

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh now look what you did, made me cry! Gah, i don't even do that with sappy movies. I'm so happy for you both, congrats!

    Rossy
    *HUGS & LUV*

    ReplyDelete