Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I was minding my own business...
How did I get roped into this?
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site, you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over there and see if you have a Sticky Beak.
2. You have to tag two people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of the Meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is a M/M meme after all:)
*Rubs hands together with Glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? I’ve always loved reading. I read a variety of genres, and I’ve always read gay fiction and non fiction books.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Shayne and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out what our first homoerotic romance was. I’m thinking it was a Langley or an Alley Blue book.
3. Are you out as a reader? Definitely. Maybe it’s an advantage for us since we’re gay and our gay friends love to read this genre also.
4. Ebooks, Print or Both? We read Ebooks more than paperbacks. I still love paperbacks though.
5. Do you buy directly from the publisher or secondary seller? We buy from the publisher.
6. Prove your a book slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? We’re not book sluts. Is that a bad thing? Shayne’s right. It does take several days for us to read a book. It’s something we love to do together even if we are slower at getting to the books we want to read.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? I don’t care about covers that much. I’m not saying I don’t like a sexy cover, but it’s not a factor whether or not I want to read the book. I trust my friends opinions and I read the blurb and excerpt.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? I read my friends reviews on Goodreads. I don’t go to review sites and read reviews at all. Shayne and I both agree that our friends know us better than some strange reviewer. Our friends have nothing to lose by being honest and forthcoming about what they’ve read and what they think about it. It pays to have nice and honest friends in real life and on places like Goodreads.
9. Who's your favorite publisher? Torquere Press and Amber Allure.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! How in the hell can I narrow it down to two? I can’t answer that honestly because I have many favorites. Sorry.
11. Is there a sub/genre you particularly dislike? I like BDSM themed books; Shayne does not. I like contemporaries and paranormal books, but I’m not a fan of sci-fi books.
12. Short or long? *rolls eyes* And no I'm not talking about cocks! Short Novels
13. Is there anything that turns you off about m/m or is it all glorious smut to you? Like Shawn, I hate Sneak Menages. Otherwise, unless it’s rape or violence to the hero I’m usually pretty easy going about it.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's M/M two wuv when... when one or both of the heroes are offered a threesome and they know there is no way they could ever share that potential partner. That is true love.
15. What theme are you heartily sick of in M/M Romances? Menages.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a M/M/M who would they be? I plead the fifth.
17. What new GLBTQ new release are you most hanging out for right now? Ticket to Ride by Shawn Lane and Got mistletoe by Andi Anderson.
18. What new GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? There were several books I’ve loved reading this year. Sean Michael’s Hammer books are some of my favorites. I also loved Langley’s werewolf series, Ava’s Deception series, Car Wash by Shawn Lane and Soldier by AKM Miles.
19. What do you think well see more of M/M romance in 2010? Probably ménages or “sneak” ménages. It feels like they are trying to force it upon us by having so many of them. That disappoints me because it’s like people don’t believe in true love or fidelity between two people anymore.
20. Don't you agree that Josh Lanyon should just kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? I need to read this series so I can’t answer that one fairly. I’m betting Josh has a very good idea on what he’s going to do with that character.